It wasn’t too long ago that we had some high ambitions of keeping the site fresh and full of blog posts to keep things alive and well. Like most plans, things didn’t turn out that way. We got super busy working on some titles we have talked about, and some that we can’t.
Over the last 2 weeks we had an opportunity to reconsider how information on this site was presented, and some of the foundational technologies that we are using to power the site. We’ve gone ahead and rebuilt much of the site using a much more simplified data object model which allows us to quickly iterate on designs and page rendering performance has been sped up by orders of magnitude. Hopefully, this improves everyone’s reading/viewing experience and gives us a chance to focus on other projects. We also are going to try to put back some of the old posts that we’ve got archived from previous versions of the website. This is currently the 7th major update to the site since our inception, so there’s an incredible amount of content archived to draw from.
One last thing to note is that Galileo has been turned into an open-source project, so if you were on the fence about paying for it prior, now its all yours, free of charge.