What’s more fun than the mad dash of making company wide branding and direction decisions all in a crunched short period of time? Clearly the answer is making silly little videos! When we finally decided on the new branding for the company, we started to come up with fun little things that we could do with it. This is a little proof of concept was actually rendered inside of Unity, and will more then likely get repurposed into some sort of bootstrapped loading system.
We’re not happy with the coloring of the flattened version of the logo here, but the trick is to get the lighting to work for the two views that are targeted as its causing our grief. Our next challenge will be to include a textual component without increasing the distribution size, I think that will be resolved by rendering out some textual meshes and using them instead of including all the necessary overhead needed to render fonts on the screen.